[Users] Counting characters

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Thu Dec 6 21:46:17 CET 2012

On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 14:47:28 -0500
Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 19:57:29 +0100
> Michael Gmelin articulated:
>
> > Or you could just write your SMS/Text messages in external editor
> > (emacs, vi, gedit, whatever) that provides such a functionality
> > (Shift-Ctrl-X by default).
>
> I realize that there are other solutions; however, in keeping with my
> KISS principal, I was just trying to do it as painlessly as possible.
> In any case, I only actually need this functionality a few times a
> month, mainly because I am not near my cell phone. A built-n SMS
> function in claws-mail would be really cool, but hardly a priority.

Using a text editor I'm already familiar with and that's
already installed on my machine through an in-built function in Claws
seems pretty painless to me (and is one of the features I really like
about Claws).

If you never use an external editor with Claws then it probably
isn't of course. One size doesn't fit all ;)

--
Michael Gmelin