[Users] How to migrate "read/unread" status from KMail to Claws?

Nicolas Iselin nicolas.claws at iselin.ch
Sat Dec 1 23:08:08 CET 2012

Hi,

I know there was a similar question about this a few days ago, but I am
unable to find it in the archives. Sorry.

I am migrating KMail-mails to Claws using a combination of my own
scripts and some found in various places. I am quite successful right
now even on weird Kmail structures with a mixture of MBOX and MDIR
"folders". However, all mails appear in Claws as "unread" after
migration.

While KMail has that in "Status:" and "X-Status:" Headers (which are of
course also migrated), claws seems to store that information in the
tagsdb.

Is there any way to move that status from KMail-representation to
the tagsdb with a script (preferrably shell, but I would be able to do
it in perl if needed)?

Or is this problem implicitly solved when I would use a different
migration scenario (like moving the mail in Kmail to an IMAP Server and
then move it in Claws from imap to the local disk)?

Thanks for any hint...

Nicolas