[Users] "blank" messages

Charles A Edwards CAE at eslrahc.com
Sun Aug 26 22:44:25 CEST 2012

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 07:56:36 -0400
David Relson wrote:

> > If you look at the code for the 'blank' email you will probably see
> > that it is:
> > <HTML xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
> > rather than the more often used
> > <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTMLxxx Transitional//EN">

> Hi Charles,
>
> Good to hear from you again.  We go back a ways, eh?

Been awhile.

Good to know that there are still some of us 'oldtimers' still
kicking.

> The 'blank' email doesn't have the 'xmlns' you surmised.  Below are
> the first few lines.

> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html>
> 	<head>

I do notice that that it is in xhtml rather than html.

Is there actual text in the email or does it reference a jpeg/gif or
other file that requires net access to view?

An example from one I received (watch the wrap)

src="http://www.iogear.com/NewsFlash/2012/20120824/images/BackToSchool.jpg"
width="698" height="594" alt="---- Anual Back to School Sale! ---- Save
15% on our best back to school products for your inner geek, including brand new releases! *Offer ends September 15, 2012"></td>

Trying to view this as text shows nothing.
Viewing it with the html plugin/s or in firefox I see the image and the
text is visible.

    Charles

--
Don't get mad, get even