[Users] "blank" messages

Charles A Edwards CAE at eslrahc.com
Sun Aug 26 06:06:39 CEST 2012

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 22:30:51 -0400
David Relson wrote:

> Periodically I receive emails that appear to be blank, i.e. Claws
> shows the headers but not message text.  Evidently this happens
> because the message is all "text/html" and the "text/plain" section
> is empty.
>
> When I reply to such a message, the text (html) appears.
>
> What setting do I need to change to see the text when just opening the
> message?

At present you can not unless you wish to changes your settings to
where ALL html is auto displayed using one of the plugins which you
probably do not wish to do.

I, on occasion, also get the 'blank' mail.

If it is something I wish to view I either click on the html icon and
view it with a plugin or open it in a firefox.

If you look at the code for the 'blank' email you will probably see that
it is:
<HTML xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
rather than the more often used
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTMLxxx Transitional//EN">

    Charles

--
Always draw your curves, then plot your reading.