[Users] How to view my messages when offline?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Aug 24 16:59:13 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm going travelling soon, and would like to be able to view my email
messages even when there's no network. My laptop is Internet connected
to the IMAP server on my Daily Driver Desktop.

With no network connection, I click File->work_offline, and of course I
can still see the messages in the message list. But when I click on a
message, it first tells me I'm working offline and would I like to do
that for ten minutes, and then it tells me it can't show me the message
because I have no IMAP connectivity.

Cache copies of my emails are located
in /home/slitt/.claws-mail/imapcache/127.0.0.1/slitt/, so the
finformation is available, but I can't use the Claws-Mail user
interface to view them.

How does one view messages of an account that normally connects via
IMAP but right now there's no network?

Thanks

SteveT