[Users] Moving AddressBook from system to system?

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Tue Aug 21 17:39:48 CEST 2012

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 17:07:31 +0200
Csányi Pál <csanyipal at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The address book files are in ~/.claws-mail/addrbook/ and you seem to
> > be saying that you copied this directory.
>
> Yes, exactly.
>
> > I don't know what can be missing, what does the directory contain?

> However, after I copy the previous addrbook--index.xml file from
> Debian $HOME/.claws-mail/addrbook into new location here on
> Ubuntu and overwrite the 'existing' addrbook--index.xml here, and open
> the AddressBook, I can't see Addresses that I should to see.

I would suggest, in case you didn't do it this way, to close claws-mail and
then copy over the previous ~/.claws-mail/addrbook files to the new
location, then re-open claws mail to see if the addresses are in there.

I think if you copy them over while claws is running, it doesn't 'refresh'
even though it has new information to work with.

Cia W.