[Users] Change location of mailboxes

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Fri Aug 17 21:58:48 CEST 2012

On Fr, 17.08.2012 21:48, Peter Jespersen wrote:

>When I'm creating a new account it seems to be created inside a
>subfolder to my home folder (~/MyMailAccount,~/MyOtherMailAccount), but
>I've got about a dozen of those and I would rather have them located in
>the same subfolder (~/Mail/MyMailAccount, ~/Mail/MyOtherMailAccount, and
>so on).

In Claws Mail, accounts and mailboxes are separated. You can have many
POP3 accounts feeding one single mailbox in ~/Mail.

If you still want multiple mailboxes, ...

>Is that possible to do, and how ?

you can provide a path when adding them. Relative paths are interpreted
relative to the home directory, absolute paths are also possible.

So, instead of writing "MyMailAccount", you would write
"Mail/MyMailAccount".

If you want to move an existing mailbox, it's probably easiest to move
the directory tree with your file manager while Claws Mail is not
running (!), and re-add the mailbox under File->Add mailbox. Existing
metadata will be picked up.

Holger