[Users] Going off-line

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Thu Aug 16 00:20:00 CEST 2012

On 15 Aug 2012, at 23:48, Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 12:44:16 -0700
> Thomas Taylor <linxt at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> What I did with the same problem was edit the file "menurc" in
>> the .claws-mail directory.  This must be done while CM is not
>> running otherwise the edits get overwritten.  Search for
>> "<Primary>w" and modify it to "<Primary<>Alt>w".  They call it
>> "Primary" instead of "Control", don't know why.  The CtrlAlt-w
>> shouldn't conflict with anything else in CM.
>
> Although Brad's suggestion is far better for its simplicity, no?
> See also:
> http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Interface#How_can_I_change_the_key-bindings_.28hot-keys.29_in_Claws_Mail.3F

For some of us, editing a text file is easier and faster than

- click preferences
- click others
- enable shortcut edit mode
- click ok
- select file
- select the option
- hit delete
- click preferences
- disable shortcut edit mode
- click ok

So it's nice that claws allows both ways of changing its settings (by storing them in plain text rc files)

^_^