[Users] Question regarding forward of HTML e-mails

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Sun Aug 12 19:48:22 CEST 2012

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 19:20:56 +0200
Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:

> On 12 August 2012 at 19h07, Michael Gmelin wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I think it would make sense to exclude "text/plain" from this
> > mechanism.
>
> I wondered whether to exclude text/plain, couldn't think of a use
> case... Seems like you found one :)

I can confirm that this works ok (rechecked my test cases). I still
think that doing this on send is a little bit of a hack, but in
practice it's a pragmatic solution that gets the job done (and
the change is small enough, so it's unlikely to introduce obscure
bugs).

I hope you'll come to a positive conclusion on the html auto-view option
(checking for "multipart(alternative" like suggested), I will disable
the feature again at my end and stop tracking the issue, since I prefer
to see the plain text alternative by default - plus, sender, subject and
other headers are not shown in the html version (unless activated as an
extra panel, which for plain text duplicates this information and has
other limitations that make it not that useful). Extending the fancy
plugin to provide this kind of information in the rendered output would
be cool, but I don't think I have enough motivation to push for that :)

--
Michael Gmelin