[Users] Claws Mail Extra Plugins - FreeBSD

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Sun Aug 5 00:35:02 CEST 2012

On 4 Aug 2012, at 21:46, <edwardp at mcom.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 15:08:15 -0400
> edwardp at mcom.com wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 14:55:03 -0400
>> edwardp at mcom.com wrote:
>>
>>> I have PCBSD installed (using FreeBSD 9.0) and am having difficulty
>>> finding the extra plugins for Claws.
>>>
>>> This is much different than Linux, so I had to go to the Ports
>>> option to install the bsfilter, notification and gtk-html2viewer
>>> plugin packages via pkg_add -r <name>.  However when I then
>>> launched Claws afterwards, the plugins are not in the plugin
>>> directory.  The default installation via their "AppCafe" only
>>> installed trayicon.so and I can't find the others.
>>>
>>> Am I missing something???
>>
>> In addition, when the first package was installed, it also installed
>> Claws Mail from the ports collection, so the system now has two
>> versions of Claws installed, 3.7.something from the ports and
>> 3.8.something from PCBSD's AppCafe.  When I launched the version from
>> the Ports install, the plugin directly also displayed that one
>> plugin, not the others.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> I found the plugins, but they only work with the version of Claws
> (3.7.10) from the Ports collection, not from the version provided by
> PCBSD (3.8.0).

Hi,

Current version of claws in FreeBSD ports is 3.8.1 (upgraded 5 weeks ago). Update your port tree and reinstall (not sure if PC-BSD works exactly like FreeBSD, usually this would be "portsnap fetch extract / portsnap fetch update")

You might also want to open a ticket in PC-BSD and ask them to add the most common claws plugins to AppCafe.

Michael