[Users] Default CC for mailing lists

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Aug 1 22:11:01 CEST 2012

On Aug 01, 2012, at 09:09 PM, Marco wrote:

>On 2012-08-01 Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
>> I think Gmail also doesn't support a Reply To Mailing List function
>
>I don't quite get this. AFAIK the Reply-To-Mailing-List is a function of the
>mail user agent, not of the mail provider. Or does Gmail
>automatically delete those headers? Why should it do that?

I guess you have to separate gmail-the-webui-mua from gmail-the-imap/pop/smtp
server.  I actually do have a Gmail account I almost never use, but I never
use the web-ui.  I'm not a member of any mailing list via my gmail account so
I'm not sure whether it strips the headers or not.  Claws makes a great client
for Gmail over IMAP though. :)

>> […]
>
>You're not that fond of Gmail, are you ;) ?

Let's just say we have our differences. :)

Cheers,
-Barry