[Users] Printing problem.

edwardp at linuxmail.org edwardp at linuxmail.org
Wed Aug 1 17:37:07 CEST 2012

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 10:47:57 -0400
john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> I have a Linux Slackware 13.37 system. I have cured all my problems
> with Claws-Mail except one. When I use the "print" function for a
> message, even a message I am composing, the printout is truncated by
> one character on the left edge. No other app has this problem, only
> Claws-Mail. I can copy the text to another app and print from that
> app but this is clumsy. I use Cups in all apps.

I'm using Debian here, so the information is based on what I see with
Debian.  I have an HP Deskjet printer and with some apps, notably web
browsers, the footers would not print when printing web pages.  I did
not have this problem printing with Claws Mail.

Go to the Printing preferences.  Right-click the printer icon, select
Properties. Go to Job Options and look for Scaling. Change the 100%
(default) to 99%.

Changing the scaling to 99% (and to 98% with a different printer),
solved this problem for me. After changing the scaling percentage, you
will be prompted for the admin/root password to save the change being
made.

Without knowing what type of printer you have, it's definitely worth a
try. Good luck.

--
Sent using Claws Mail - http://www.claws-mail.org/