[Users] Bringing up a message display issue

Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Wed Apr 11 22:04:56 CEST 2012

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 13:40:31 -0400
Karen and Jim <sindbergj at att.net> wrote:

> The issues:
> !. The irregular action required to open a message.
> 2. The message may appear in a pane/column
> or separate window?  I want it in a separate window.
> I get lucky most of the time, but everytime.
>
> Still getting unusual tapping and keying responses.
> Sometimes the message appears immediately, most times
> not.  Maybe it will be in a separate window, maybe
> not.

I think what you want to do is,
1. uncheck "Message View" under Show/Hide on the View menu, and
2. set "Open message when selected" to "Never" in Preferences ->
Display -> Summaries.

I'm guessing that what happens is sometimes your double-click gets
registered as a single click, which selects the message, and then if
you have "Open message when selected" to "Always" it'll open up the
message view even if you've closed it.

Mine is set to "Never" and it behaves for me the way I think you want
it to.  Single click selects the message and nothing more, and double
click opens it in a new window.

--

C. Chad Wallace, B.Sc.
The Lodging Company