[Users] Bringing up a message display issue

Karen and Jim sindbergj at att.net
Wed Apr 11 19:40:31 CEST 2012

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 18:49:01 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:55:12 -0400
> Karen and Jim <sindbergj at att.net> wrote:
>
> > I tap on my laptop's touchpad.
> > I also use the touchpad to scroll
> > and place the cursor and to start
> > new windows.
> > I tap to start a new window.
>
> So the focus is in the message list when you do this?
> Which layout is this with? (/View/Layout/...)
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

Paul,

Correct, the focus is on the message list.

Layout is "Standard".  What "Standard" means?
I don't know.  Do you?

The issues:
!. The irregular action required to open a message.
2. The message may appear in a pane/column
or separate window?  I want it in a separate window.
I get lucky most of the time, but everytime.

Still getting unusual tapping and keying responses.
Sometimes the message appears immediately, most times
not.  Maybe it will be in a separate window, maybe
not.

I think this is going to be a love/hate
relationship with Claws Mail.  It is like
a lean teenager, fast, immature, and difficult
to work with at times.

Jim