[Users] Claws with new address book available for testing

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Wed Oct 26 10:44:02 CEST 2011

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 05:40:18 +0200
Michael <codejodler at gmx.ch> wrote:

> Would it be feasible to make both addressbooks plugins so users can
> choose between them without switching branch ? I guess that required
> major changes to claws main. In the end, a completely new API just
> for that, like server - client. But wouldn't it be generally good
> idea ? As it paves the way for more diverse advancements.

  The idea is to replace current implementation (which is not a plugin)
  with a new one where the improvements can be easily made (because it
  uses a plugin architecture, but also not a plugin itself), not
  to maintain two implementations. Time is a scarce resource, so no,
  not a good idea ;-)
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~