[Users] Interesting feature in NNTP accounts

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Sun Oct 23 01:09:19 CEST 2011

On 22 October 2011 at 23h53, Brian Morrison wrote:

Hi,

> Wanting to filter on the Organisation: header, I found that it didn't
> work.
>
> If I use ctrl-U to show the actual text of the article, then the
> header reads Organization: and filtering on this does work.
>
> I'm assuming that because I'm using en_GB that the word is translated
> into the local spelling, but this happens after the filtering has
> happened.

You assume right :) Filtering is applied on the raw message. For
example french-speaking people still have to filter on To: or From, not
De: or À: :)

> Can this be either changed or fixed? Or is it even regarded as a bug?
> It certainly confused me for a while.

I understand the confusion but I don't think it should be regarded as a
bug... Translating headers before filtering would have a rather heavy
cost (and also, would break most existing filters for non
english-speaking people).

> Interestingly the Windows version doesn't translate the header string.

That's a preference (in Display/Summaries), maybe you didn't check it on
Windows ? (or maybe I'm wrong and it's disabled for some Windowsy
reason I forgot)

--
Colin