[Users] [claws-mail-python-plugin] depends on different python versions

Slavko linux at slavino.sk
Sat Oct 8 08:58:45 CEST 2011

Ahoj,

Dňa Fri, 7 Oct 2011 22:26:11 +0200 Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org>
napísal:

> > this package depends on python-dev, which is 2.7 version now, but
> > depends on libpython2.6 too, which is 2.6 version.
> >
> > Perhaps, this bug can be for libpython maintainer too, as wishlist to
> > create unversioned libpython (virtual?) package, but i am not sure with
> > this.
>
>   I wonder why do you cross-post a Debian bug with the users list...
>   specially when it looks clearly that's a problem upstream has nothing
>   to do with :-P

the answer is simple:

1, to developers can know about problem and can to decide if it is
upstream problem or not (this plugin is last thing, which depends on
python 2.6 for me)

2, to users, which encounter to this same problem can know about problem
and solution

3, to someone (who know more about internals) can give better solution,
while i know one thing - if solution is working for me, it doesn't meant
that it must works for others too

regards
--
Slavko