[Users] Claws 3.7.10 not pulling in new messages

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Thu Oct 6 04:30:23 CEST 2011

On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:36:20 -0700
Cia Watson <ciamarie at my180.net> wrote:

> I'm on Debian wheezy (aka testing) with the xfce desktop, using claws-mail
> 3.7.10 and it's been working fine until this morning. It looks like it's
> logging in to the server for the 2 email accounts, but it's not pulling in
> any messages. I can check the email via a webmail interface, and indeed on
> this account where I get mail list messages, there should have been at
> least a dozen messages for claws to retrieve.

I'm replying to my own message, to let you know it's sort of solved.
Yesterday for the first time since I installed and enabled the bsfilter
plugin, I told it a message was spam and it promptly sent the message to the
spam folder. So I had the bright idea to look at the spam folder a few minutes
ago, and lo and behold -- all of my new messages from today are there.

When I click on most of them the spam / ham indicator show them as ham, so
why did they end up in the spam folder? At least they're not gone, though I
just tried >Tools >Filter all messages in folder and they all stayed put in
the spam folder. So I'll have to figure that out or start a new thread in a
few days perhaps.

Cia W.