[Users] wish : a previous button (following my reading history)

Roman Brusa r.brusa at gmx.ch
Wed Nov 30 21:25:25 CET 2011

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:44:29 -0500, Barry Warsaw wrote:

>On Nov 29, 2011, at 01:24 PM, Daniel Caillibaud wrote:
>
>>Very often I read a mail, then search another, sometimes a third one
>>and then I would like to go back to the first one (I forgot to open
>>it before leaving it because I didn't know my memory would be so
>>volatile), and I need to search for it.
>>
>>A back button (to the previous read mail, following my reading
>>history) would be really usefull in such case ;-)
>
>Even more useful would be browser-like tabs!

Definitely not - for me! What I need (and longingly remember from an
very old MUA) is a "Back" key that does what Daniel describes above
(following back and forth my reading history, regardless of
directories and accounts). That was useful!

It's in fact what > View > Go To > Last Read Message does, except this
only goes back one message where it should be 100 or even all since
session start, and it doesn't go back to another directory or account.

But I'm not complaining here. This is in fact the only feature I miss
in Claws, and that's much more than I ever could hope for. ;)

Roman
--
Tritt eine Idee in einen hohlen Kopf, so fuellt sie ihn voellig aus -
weil keine andere da ist, die ihr den Rang streitig machen koennte. -