[Users] Claws Mail vs Sylpheed

alb348 at gmail.com alb348 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 12:01:06 CET 2011

Hi everybody,

I am planning to switch to either Claws Mail or Sylpheed (I am still
using Thunderbird), and I need some information about the two.

I already know that Claws Mail was originally a fork from Sylpheed, and
that Claws Mail is now actively developed by an independent team.

 From what I have seen, the development of Claws Mail, today, is much
more active than the development of Sypheed. It would seem that Claws
Mail offers much more than Sylpheed (in terms of features, plugins,
etc). Is my understanding correct?

I was going to finally decide in favour of Claws Mail, but just to be
fair, I would like to know: is there any reason or special case in which
one might prefer Sylpheed over Claws Mail?

Thanks

Alby