[Users] Saving Claws-Mail messages en masse.

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Fri Nov 25 22:19:54 CET 2011

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 15:54:24 +0000
Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 09:50:08 -0600
> Steve Jeppesen <ampster40 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > sorry can't help, but noticed a second msg like this...
> >
> > wouldn't a descriptive subject line be helpful, if not for you but
> > maybe others who are searching for fixes to their issues?
>
> Claws warns me if I don't enter a subject, I forget if this is user
> configurable but it's always done this for me ever since I started
> using Claws back in pre-1.x days.

Sorry. I edit in a separate text editor (GVIM) that has a less
erratic spell checker. I save and exit out of gvim, add a subject
line, and transmit. I forgot step two on this query.

I have more or less given up on Claws-Mail search capability. It misses
too many. So I want to be a be able to save all the messages in a
folder but without all the header info so I can use grep to find the
message I want. Since there is a message #1 etc. in each folder I will
have to add the name of the source folder to each meessage and so on.

My question is, might there be an auto backup facility built into CM
that will aid in this process?

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: