[Users] Claws crawls on KDE

Michael codejodler at gmx.ch
Fri Nov 25 15:51:03 CET 2011

 Graham,

If it is the desktop system then try lookup syslog and daemon.log and ~/.xsession.errors (if that is still used?) and /var/log/Xorg.log, for suspicious things (for example 'last message repeated xy times').

But what makes you think that it's caused by Claws ? Not happening when not running claws ? But did you really ever do w/o mail for many hours ? Did you countercheck with XFCE or Gnome session ?

My PC slowed down much after i installed kernel 3.0 and even more with 3.1. This is AMD Athlon X2. Since nothing else had changed, i think it's probably related to kernel <-> GPU. My nvidia GeForce 7300 compiles from source every upgrade. I'm running a 2.6.39 now and it's fast as ever.