[Users] help with bogomail and filtering

Ivan Nazarenko ivan.nazarenko at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 20:37:55 CET 2011

I am a new claws user, after too many years using kmail. But the new kmail2 / akonadi just couldn't handle my somewhat big inbox anymore, and now I regret not having changed before - the claws is quite faster than the old kmail for me.

But there is something I could not configure, but yet I thing is useful:
- I really need some sort of bayesian filter. With more than 1000 emails/day, can't live without them. Bogofilter is quite ok.
- I have many frequent email sources, and some of them employ sometimes spamish words. Would like to move them to specific folders, and do not pass bogofilter on them(1).
- I like - and would not want to lose - the 3 possibilities that bayesian filters provide: spam, ham and unsure. I treat each group differently, with much lower priority manually scanning "unsure" than "ham".

So, what I need is a way to check bogofilter *after* some rules filtering, and yet preserving the "unsure" processing.

I could not find a way to do this. There is a suggestion here:
http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Using_Claws_Mail_with_other_programs
but then we lose the "unsure" processing.

Is there a solution for this?

Thank you.

(1) Bogofilter should not inspect those messages because they may - or may not - contain utter crap. If it were not from who sent it, I would like to have it moved to trash or deleted without warning. But being sent from some closer circles, I want them archived without breaking the threads. Telling bogofilter that message is "ham" increase the noise in its database, and the filter loses efficiency, classifying many obvious spams as "unsure".