[Users] How to process and change subject of e-mails

Piotr Drozdek pioruns at o2.pl
Thu Nov 24 00:31:24 CET 2011

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 07:33:55 +0100
wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:

> If modifying the subject is folder-dependent and is about stripping
> some part, then you can use the folder properties, using the "simplify
> subject regexp" thing. You set a regexp there and the matching part of
> the subject will be removed (in fact: hidden) from the subjects shown
> in folder message list. Source file kept untouched (this has been
> thought preferable).

Thanks a lot, very nice solution.
But can you tell me, how to trigger a processing of messages, and
modify subject or other field in source message, for example? Or how
to modify body of message, using external linux commands like sed or
awk? This may be very useful, but I didn't find any examples of it on
Google yet.

--
Regards,
Piotr Drozdek