[Users] (no subject)

Troy Vitullo info at troyvit.com
Mon Nov 21 21:57:45 CET 2011

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:44:44 -0500
john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> The search function in Claws Mail is IMO inadequate. Kmail
> creates a separate folder for each search request. This in turn
> can be searched further. Claws mail search of a folder just
> positions you in that folder. And sometimes it makes false finds,
> possibly based on hidden header info in the messsage.

John,

I agree about the latter part. I hate it when I search for a term and it's some  hidden header that triggers a result.

I figured out a trick that (in my opinion) works better than kmail's searches being saved in folders. If I have a criteria that I need to search for more than once, or that I need to manipulate further after searching, I just tag the initial search results with memorable name. Then I can go back and search within that tag using the extended search. It fails if I don't update the tagged results now and again, but it works for me.

Best,

Troy