[Users] Still no good answer for printing to Ricoh AP 2600 Laser.

Slavko linux at slavino.sk
Fri Nov 18 18:25:58 CET 2011

Ahoj,

Dňa Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:15:41 -0500 john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com>
napísal:

> I still don't have a satifactory answer to printing from
> Claws-Mail. My current workaround is to print to a pdf file, then
> send that file to the printer via Acrobat Reader.
>
> None of my other apps have problems printing either via Cups or
> via lpr. But when I send a message from Claws-Mail the printer
> goes through all the motions of printing but never prints.
>
> I suspect that Claws is designating the wrong tray for printing
> but I don't know how to change that behavior.

I never need to print the mails, but i try it now (CM 3.7.10, XFCE 4.8,
CUPS 1.5.0). I am using Samsung SCX-4200 laser printer configured via CUPS
and it prints the message without any problem...

But i have similar problem, when my daughter is printing via network
(frequently from LibreOffice), from another distro with older CUPS version.
Sometime it prints without problems, sometime only printer's LED is
blinking (data are received) but nothing is printed and sometime only
first page is printed. This behavior is reported debian's bug to printer's
driver, but is not confirmed as driver's bug yet. When it fails to print,
the unplug/plug USB cable helps for me.

regards

--
Slavko