[Users] One printer works with Claws-Mail, the other doesn't.

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sun Nov 6 16:30:29 CET 2011

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 01:28:49 +0100
Holger Berndt <berndth at gmx.de> wrote:

> On Sa, 05.11.2011 19:45, john Culleton wrote:
>
> >I use gvim which works. My OS is Slackware and my Gui is XFCE.
> >Scribus works
> >Gvim works
> >Gimp works using Gutenprint, not otherwise.
> >Firefox works.
> >
> >That about exhausts my programs that have a print function.
>
> On first glance, this sounds like a problem in GTK+'s high level
> printing support which as far as I know none of the programs that work
> for you are using. That's why I asked if gedit is working better - it
> is an example of a program using the same API, and could therefore
> help to find out whether your problem is with Claws Mail or lower in
> the stack.
>
> Holger

Since I don't have gedit that won't work. Slackware doesn't offer
it and neither does Salix, a Slackware derivative.

I am now printing to file and then printing via enscript.

I suspect the problem is that Claws-Mail automatically switches
to another tray. I tried turning it off but it seems always to
reset to "yes".

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: