[Users] One printer works with Claws-Mail, the other doesn't.

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Nov 5 15:30:19 CET 2011

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 19:22:10 -0400
Jerry <claws-mail.user at seibercom.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 17:39:45 -0400
> john Culleton articulated:
>
> > On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 17:24:13 -0400
> > Jerry <claws-mail.user at seibercom.net> wrote:
> >
> > > On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 17:14:49 -0400
> > > john Culleton articulated:

> > > I have a somewhat similar problem on a FreeBSD-8.2 machine. With a
> > > Brother-MFC-9560CDW printer configured via CUPS. When I choose the
> > > printer from the print option screen all I get is a blank page
> > > printed. When I choose the LPR option, a complete document is
> > > printed. I have CUPS-1.50 installed. I have went nuts trying to
> > > figure out the problem. Since I don't print much from Claws, and
> > > since I can easily use the LPR option, I just choose to ignore it.
> > >
> > Do you set up a printer in Cups for lpr or do you set it up
> > somewhere in Claws-Mail?
>
> I stated that it was configured via CUPS? I also have the following
> ion the "/etc/make.conf" file:
>
> WITH_CUPS=YES
> CUPS_OVERWRITE_BASE=YES
> WITHOUT_LPR=YES
>
> It doesn't make any sense; however, as long as I can print I guess it
> is not a high priority problem.

Let me try one more time. Cups does not find LPR as a printer. Claws
will find the Ricoh printer through Cups but won't actually print
anything although the printer warms up. I deselect "Tray Select" but
that doesn't help.

I tried putting paper into the bypass tray. That doesn't help.

I don't have a make.conf file. I use Slackware Linux.

I can send the email from Claws to "file" in ps format and then print
via lpr, but that is done external to Claws mail.

All other programs that use Cups can print on the Ricoh.

Any suggestions?

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: