[Users] One printer works with Claws-Mail, the other doesn't.

Jerry claws-mail.user at seibercom.net
Thu Nov 3 22:24:13 CET 2011

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 17:14:49 -0400
john Culleton articulated:

> My newest printer, an HP Color Laserjet prints like a champ from Claws
> Mail. The other old workhorse, my Ricoh B/W Laser AP2600 works via
> Cups 1.4.6 for Acrobat Reader etc. and via lpr for text files sent by
> enscript.
>
> But I can't print mail from Claws through the Ricoh via Cups. And I
> hate to waste those expensive HP cartridges on B/W work.
>
> When I send a Claws mail message to the Ricoh via Cups it warms up and
> then stops. The Cups print queue  says it is a finished job.
>
> PLease tell me a way I can get it printed, other than cut and paste
> into Gvim. Yes Gvim will print to it too.
>
> Slackware Linux 13.37.

I have a somewhat similar problem on a FreeBSD-8.2 machine. With a
Brother-MFC-9560CDW printer configured via CUPS. When I choose the
printer from the print option screen all I get is a blank page printed.
When I choose the LPR option, a complete document is printed. I have
CUPS-1.50 installed. I have went nuts trying to figure out the problem.
Since I don't print much from Claws, and since I can easily use the LPR
option, I just choose to ignore it.

--
Jerry ✌
Claws-Mail.user at seibercom.net