[Users] syncing Android contacts with Claws

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Mon Dec 26 23:51:03 CET 2011

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 21:52:41 +0100
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> You are right, the new address book will be plugin based. At the
> moment I am considering to write a vCard extension. Being able to
> import and export to vCard format should enable you to make a manual
> synchronization with your phone.

That would be great...Claws is, afaict, superior to Thunderbird as mail
client, but it is lacking in support for syncing (or some PIM features)
which makes me to consider TB...otoh, having only mbox in TB is scary as
well.

> Android can export all your cantacts as vCard and there exits numerous
> tools for converting vCard format to LDIF format.

Thanks. Will investigate more about it.

Sincerely,
Gour.

--
It is far better to discharge one's prescribed duties, even though
faultily, than another's duties perfectly. Destruction in the course