[Users] Reply with quote does not include the full message

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Sat Dec 17 13:30:47 CET 2011

On Sa, 17.12.2011 13:09, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

>> Or shouldn't it quote the html part of the message if I have choosen it
>> to be viewed ? This way the result would always be the same, you quote what you see ?
>>
>I agree to this. It should not be an option what text should be quoted
>in the reply. What should be quoted should always be either what is
>displayed in the message view or marked/high-listed text in said.

That might not always be possible, though. It's possible to display
stuff that cannot be composed (e.g. when using plugins to view non-text
content).

In general, are we really sure that we do a better job at stripping
down (arbitrarily broken) HTML while preserving the intended
text structure than the sender itself?

Holger