[Users] Some questions from a possible new user

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Sat Dec 17 12:57:26 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 06:49:35AM -0500, Pierre Fortin wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 22:14:32 +0000 Chris Green wrote:
>
> >As I already said when I first asked the question I currently use mutt, I
> >was just hoping that claws might work happily alongside mutt so that I
> >can use either a GUI mail program (when I'm at my desktop) or a command
> >line one (when I connect via ssh).
>
> I didn't see this as a possible solution...  I switched to CM years ago
> as my total solution, even remotely...  With X forwarding over ssh, CM is
> obviously a little bit slower if running over a slow link; but still VERY
> usable.  Over a fast link, it's great...

I suppose I could try this, in the past (i.e. the very distant past) the
connections were too slow for this to be practical but maybe it's more
possible now.

I do connect using a decidedly flaky 3G connection in Belgium and France
sometimes though, the speed is often only 20kB/s or so.

--
Chris Green