[Users] Another wish : confirmation before sending

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Wed Dec 7 19:19:20 CET 2011

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 10:58:01 -0500
Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Little,

> I can't think of any reason why anyone would do that without having
> been asked, and I can definitely say I've never done it. (:

Happens on several lists I'm on.   As Jerry says, some people insist
it's the "correct" thing to do.  I'm told some lists make it policy.

I know why some people do it;  The "Reply All", rather than "Reply List"
thinking they're the same thing, or because that's the only way they can
get the list address up in the To: field.  They're then too lazy to
delete the CC:, or other To: of the OP.

The worst scenario is when I reply to somebody's question, then somebody
else replies to my message, but is /actually/ replying to the OP.
Totally asinine, and shows they've spent too long in web forums.

--
 Regards  _
It's not your heart, it's your bank I want to break