[Users] Another wish : confirmation before sending

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 01:27:17 CET 2011

Hey there,

Brad Rogers wrote:
> Little Girl wrote:

> > without even realizing there's more than one recipient, so my
> > reply just goes to the list and doesn't CC the sender. The queued
> > messages

> I've never understood the need to CC somebody on a mailing list,
> TBH.

Me neither, but I thought about it a bit and came up with a couple of
scenarios in which it could maybe be useful:

1) Let's say that you have two email accounts - a home and work
account - and you check each one from its location. You write a
message to the mailing list from your home account, setting a CC for
your work account. You then go to work. On a break you check your
work account, and you can see (from the CC that you just got) that
your mailing list message got a reply, and you can look it over if
you like.

2) Let's say you are on a mailing list that occasionally discusses
something that interests one of your friends or family members. They
ask you to send them copies of any message like that.

There are probably lots of other reasons why people do it. (:

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.