[Users] Suggestion on toolbars and gnome 3

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Fri Dec 2 16:47:29 CET 2011

On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 14:57:26 +0000
Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 12:35:10 +0000
> Richard <richard.bown at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > As a bodge I've put separators to move the "send and "GET Mail" buttons
> > away from the edge, which has stopped the accidental hot spot clicks.
> >
> > IMO it would be better to add a space on the toolbars on the left side to
> > move buttons away from the hot spot.
>
> Surely the correct fix is to get the Gnome 3 developers to realise that
> we don't all want the same thing and allow for a lot of preferences to
> enable and disable different widgets, hotspots and other annoyances.

From what I gather from some messages on the Fedora Forums a while back, as
well as visiting the gnome home page, the gnome dev's are the ones who
decided what is needed and have given very few configuration options to the
end user. They're also allegedly not very open to user input. I'm using either
XFCE or KDE for the most part, because I wasn't up for the 'adventure' of
gnome3. I tried to run a Fedora16 livecd to check it out in a virtual
machine, but it went into 'fallback mode'. From what I gather that may
because I have nvidia graphics. :-/

Cia W.