[Users] GTK+3 transition (was: Re: Hidden(?) CM feature(s)...)

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Thu Dec 1 18:39:13 CET 2011

  Hi,

On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 09:39:10AM -0700, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 17:08:34 +0100
> Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:
>
> > transition to GTK3
>
> Aha. and how will that affect those curmudgeons, such as myself, who
> insist on XFCE or otherwise sticking to GTK2?

  GTK+3 it's co-installable with GTK+2, so your XFCE should be no problem.

  If you want to stick to GTK+2 Claws Mail, well, you'll follow the path
of those who wanted to stick to GTK+1... maybe better as it's probably some
bugfixing will be done on GTK+2 version for some time, but with team's
scarce resources I won't expect that to last forever. Of course you can join
and maintain the GTK+2 branch :)

  regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones