[Translators] "FW" and "RE".

Slavko slavino at slavino.sk
Thu Jun 16 18:39:07 CEST 2016

Ahoj,

Dňa Thu, 16 Jun 2016 17:52:34 +0200 "Erik P. Olsen" <epodata at gmail.com>
napísal:

> On 2016-06-16 at 12:32:29 Slavko wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Dňa Wed, 15 Jun 2016 22:13:58 +0200 "Erik P. Olsen"
> > <epodata at gmail.com> napísal:
> >
> > > Can "FW" for forwarded and "RE" for replied mail be translated?
> > >

> > AFAIK, the FW and RE abbreviations are not from English, but from
> > Latin words and they should not be localized.
> >
> I don't think FW comes from latin. Did the Romans use W at all?

I am not sure about FW nor W in Roman (i don't speak this language nor i
never meet people speaking it), but the "Re:" is mentioned in RFC 2822,
section 3.6.5. Informational fields, where is:

"When used in a reply, the field body MAY start with the
string "Re: " (from the Latin "res", in the matter of)..."

It have not be translated not because it is from Latin, but because it
is a part of RFC.

IMO, the FW abbreviation is only convention derived from Re and then
should be handled in the same manner...

regards

--
s pozdravom

Slavko
http://slavino.sk

Týmto emailom NEvyjadrujem súhlas so zaradením do akéhokoľvek zoznamu na
posielanie akýchkoľvek dodatočných informácií o Vašich produktoch!