[Translators] Need help to understand an expression in claws.

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 23:55:13 CEST 2016

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 23:41:37 +0200
"Erik P. Olsen" <epodata at gmail.com> wrote:

> In settings for the notification plugin the sentence "Set window
> manager urgency hint when new messages exist" occur.
>
> I would appreciate if some kind soul could explain to me what this
> is all about. I am not quite sure how to translate it.

From the X docs,
https://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.6/doc/xorg-docs/specs/ICCCM/icccm.html

"The UrgencyHint flag, if set in the flags field, indicates that the
client deems the window contents to be urgent, requiring the timely
response of the user. The window manager must make some effort to
draw the user's attention to this window while this flag is set. The
window manager must also monitor the state of this flag for the
entire time the window is in the Normal or Iconic state and must take
appropriate action when the state of the flag changes. The flag is
otherwise independent of the window's state; in particular, the
window manager is not required to deiconify the window if the client
sets the flag on an Iconic window. Clients must provide some means by
which the user can cause the UrgencyHint flag to be set to zero or
the window to be withdrawn. The user's action can either mitigate the
actual condition that made the window urgent, or it can merely shut
off the alarm."

HTH

with regards

Paul