[Translators] How do you manage two Claws Mail binary?

if.gnu.linux if.gnu.linux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 15:32:27 CEST 2016

Hi all,

As you know before we send updated/new translations , we need to test
them against new release. I suppose that you compile Claws Mail with
updated/new translations then test it, and you do not want to mix
existing Claws Mail, which is installed by your preferred distribution's
package manager, with newly compiled one. So, how do you manage to keep
two Claws Mail binary and not to mix them?

What I do is:
1- Compile Claws mail
./configure --prefix=$HOME/claws-mail-git
--exec-prefix=$HOME/claws-mail-git

2. Change claws-mail.desktop file
Exec=$HOME/claws-mail-git/bin/claws-mail
--alternate-config-dir $HOME/claws-mail-git/.claws-mail %u

3. Copy claws-mail.desktop as claws-git.desktop to
~/local/share/applications directory.

I wonder if there is an another method that can help to me/us.

With regards,
Numan Demirdöğen