[Translators] Final batch of remarks

Eyolf Østrem eyolf at oestrem.com
Fri Oct 24 01:50:20 CEST 2014

So, I'm done! These are the final peculiarities I've come across. I should say
that they belong somewhere between questions and bug reports.

=====================================
Why the quotation marks?
=====================================
I'd much prefer <em>containing</em>, since the point is to *emphasise* the
word, not 'quote' it.

#: ../src/editldap.c:645
msgid "Match names 'containing' search term"

=====================================
What does this even mean?
=====================================
I've actually come across this dialog, but I can't for the life of me
understand what it means.
First of all: I assume from :1290 that "mark" is a noun and "process" a
verb. But what does it mean to process a mark?

#: ../src/summaryview.c:1289
 msgid "Process mark"

 #: ../src/summaryview.c:1290
 msgid "Some marks are left. Process them?"

=====================================
Color banding:
=====================================
I have never come across this term as a way to denote "alternating row
colors". Better to use that phrase, I think.

=====================================
Missing space or intentional?
=====================================
#: ../src/foldersel.c:583 ../src/imap_gtk.c:199 ../src/mh_gtk.c:147
#: ../src/plugins/mailmbox/plugin_gtk.c:241
#: ../src/plugins/rssyl/rssyl_cb_menu.c:91
msgid "NewFolder"

=====================================
What is meant by "incorporation"?
=====================================
Here and there, "incorporation" is used, synonymously, I think, with
"fetching". Or does it mean something else?

#: ../src/prefs_logging.c:191
msgid "filtering at incorporation"

#. Use of external incorporation program
#: ../src/prefs_receive.c:123
msgid "External incorporation program"

#: ../src/filtering.c:894
msgid "incorporation"

#: ../src/inc.c:1265
msgid "Incorporation cancelled\n"

=====================================
Is there a reason why this is spread out over multiple strings like this?
=====================================

#: ../src/textview.c:905
msgid ""
"\n"
"  This message can't be displayed.\n"
"  This is probably due to a network error.\n"
"\n"
"  Use "

#: ../src/textview.c:910
msgid "'Network Log'"

#: ../src/textview.c:911
msgid " in the Tools menu for more information."

#: ../src/textview.c:974
msgid "  The following can be performed on this part\n"

#: ../src/textview.c:976
msgid "  by right-clicking the icon or list item:"

#: ../src/textview.c:980
msgid "     - To save, select "

#: ../src/textview.c:981
msgid "'Save as...'"

#: ../src/textview.c:983 ../src/textview.c:995 ../src/textview.c:1007
#: ../src/textview.c:1017
msgid " (Shortcut key: '"

#: ../src/textview.c:991
msgid "     - To display as text, select "

#: ../src/textview.c:992
msgid "'Display as text'"

#: ../src/textview.c:1003
msgid "     - To open with an external program, select "

#: ../src/textview.c:1004
msgid "'Open'"

#: ../src/textview.c:1012
msgid "       (alternately double-click, or click the middle "

#: ../src/textview.c:1013
msgid "mouse button)\n"

#: ../src/textview.c:1015
msgid "     - Or use "