[Translators] Some issues with the original l10n strings

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Wed Oct 22 13:51:18 CEST 2014

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 01:26:43PM +0200, wwp wrote:
> Hello Eyolf,
>

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 13:07:38 +0200 Eyolf Østrem <eyolf at oestrem.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm working on the Norwegian translation, and I've come across a few places
> > where the original strings may need some love and care. I was asked to post
> > them here, so here goes.

First thanks for working on this! :)

[…]
> > Three different forms for more or less the same thing:
> >     attachwarner.c:220 and elsewhere:
> >
> >     Attachment warning
> >     Attach warner
> >     Attach Warner
>
> Attach warner *is* the plugin name. It produces warnings, but the
> "attachment warning", out of its context, doesn't sound pertinent to
> me. Ricardo?
[…]

"Attachment warning" it's the title of the panel shown when the
plugin does its work. It can be changed if you find it confusing,
maybe "Missing attachment warning" ?

FWIW the name of the plugin is "AttachWarner", or at least it was intented
to be that... I'm not against alternate spellings where required (?), but I
also understand that it complicates translations so probably is better to
simplify.
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~