[Translators] Some issues with the original l10n strings

Eyolf Østrem eyolf at oestrem.com
Wed Oct 22 13:44:29 CEST 2014

On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 13:26:43 +0200 wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:

> > Should this not rather be "...as a command-line EXPRESSION..."?
> > quote-fmt.c:93:
> > 	"|program{<span style=\"oblique\">sub_expr</span>}\n(|p{<span
> > style=\"oblique\">sub_expr</span>})\n",	N_("insert program
> > output:\n<span style=\"oblique\">sub_expr</span> is evaluated as a
> > command-line to get\nthe output from"), /* insert program output */
>
> Hmm to me, a command-line is a short term for a command expression, an
> attemp to launch a command, in a command-line. IOW, a command-line
> expression is just a long form for a command-line.

Perhaps it was a little nit-picking to include it. I just thought that
especially for the master text, things should be as clear and unambiguous as
possible, so either a note for translators, or a different wording might be in
place.

One more thing: is there a way to quote directly from the source file in
poedit? Currently, I have the po file open in vim and search for the strings I
come across in poedit. It works, but it would have been nice to be able to do
it directly in poedit.

Eyolf

--
How long a minute is depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on.