[Translators] How to work out the translations of the Plugins?

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Sun Jan 1 20:00:45 CET 2012

On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 18:54:43 +0100
Andreas Rönnquist <mailinglists at gusnan.se> wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 17:54:20 +0100
> Slavko <slavino at slavino.sk> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Dňa Sun, 1 Jan 2012 17:36:29 +0100 Andreas Ronnquist
> > <mailinglists at gusnan.se> napísal:
> >
> > > installing sv.gmo as /usr/local/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/fancy.mo
> >
> > i have it in /usr/share/locale/sk/LC_MESSAGES/fancy.mo
> >

> Seems you are right - moving the .mo to /usr/share/locale instead
> of /usr/local/share/locale indeed seems to fix it.
>
> Shouldn't an executable installed to /usr/local/bin (as I am installing
> latest CVS of claws from source) read localisation strings
> from /usr/local/share, or have I misunderstood it?
>
> /Andreas

Hello Andreas,

yes it should, if you used --prefix=/usr/local (or omitted --prefix at all,
since "/usr/local" is default) for configure step. That's how it works over
here, including plugin translations for external plugins.

Do you have some claws-mail installation, or its remains also in /usr (perhaps
from your distro's package) ? It could be that the plugins' configure.sh picks
it up and uses it instead of the one in /usr/local.

Regards,
--
Andrej Kacian