[Translators] How to work out the translations of the Plugins?

Sun Jan 1 17:36:29 CET 2012

Hi!

I am trying to make a new translation (Swedish, sv) of the fancy plugin,
but I don't have any luck in seeing the translated strings in my Claws
Mail.

I have added my country code in the configure.ac, and I have
managed to get my sv.po successfully built and installed - the install
part of the build log says

installing sv.gmo as /usr/local/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/fancy.mo

which I believe means it installed successfully.

However, the fancy plugin doesn't show it's strings translated, neither
in the menu below the HTML rendering of the messages, nor in the
Preferences dialog, at Plugins->Fancy.

Claws Mail worked much simpler when updating the translation, what more
is needed to do when working with the plugin projects?

best regards
/Andreas
gusnan at gusnan.se