[Devel] The CVS to Git migration schedule
ricardo at mones.org
Fri Mar 15 12:36:38 CET 2013
Yes, as subject suggests the moment you were eagerly awaiting has arrived!
The plot is expected to be as follows:
- CVS server is shutdown, put in readonly mode and restarted
- A repository tarball is generated and downloaded to a faster machine
- Migration scripts are run on the faster machine
- The generated git repo is checked, tarballed and re-uploaded to server
- The git tarball is unpacked on /home/git, latest stage scripts run
- Some more checks to verify everything's in place and working
- Send a mail announce to devel@, users@ and translators@
- Go to sleep!
Starting time is Saturday 16th of March, 2013 at 22:00 UTC¹.
If everything goes well, everything should be done in 2 hours or so.
If not, the process will be reverted and CVS will be in read-write
Things expected to be "broken" after the above process succeeds:
* The "Claws Mail CVS tracker" page will stop updating on commits
* Bugzilla's automatic message when some bug # is mentioned in
ChangeLog (this should be modified to read git log instead)
* Autobuilders pulling from CVS
* Messages to the commit@ list will have different format (you may
have to check your filtering/processing rules).
The world will end in 5 minutes. Please log out. Unknown
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the Devel